This breakfast seminar sheds light on the issue of increasing violence against women in politics and asks whether the growing global trend of violence against women in politics is also relevant for Norway and the Nordic countries.
The event will be hosting Professor Mona Lena Krook from Rutgers University. Her award-winning book «Violence against Women in Politics» (2020) is based on the first comprehensive international study on the subject. She examines, among other things, the manifestations of violence in practice and provides recommendations on how to prevent and combat violence against women in politics.
- Welcome by Mari Teigen, Institute for Social Research
- Violence against Women in Politics? – Mona Lena Krook, Rutgers University
- Comments from:
- Torunn L. Tryggestad, Deputy Director of PRIO, and Director of PRIO’s Gender, Peace and Security Centre., PRIO
- Anders Ravik Jupskås, C-Rex – Center for Research on Extremism, UiO
- Mads Thau, Institute for Social Research
The seminar is free and open to everyone. A light breakfast will be served from 08:30. The program will start promptly. The event will be livestreamed and can be viewed later as well.
PRIO GPS Centre is co-hosting this event in collaboration with CORE - Center for Gender Equality Research at ISF, and the Center for Interdisciplinary Gender Research at the University of Oslo.