PRIO GPS Centre Director Torunn L. Tryggestad was recently featured in a Nordic Play podcast episode, speaking on the increased role of feminism in Nordic foreign policies.
Nordic Play is a joint initiative by the five Nordic embassies in Berlin, supported by the Nordic Council of Ministers. With a focus on the Nordic countries, the podcast encompasses discussions on a range of topics including literature, music, movies, theatre, art and architecture, but also social issues and politics. Tryggestad contributed to an episode about Nordic perspectives on feminist foreign policy. In every episode, each of the Nordic embassies invites one representative from their respective countries to be interviewed.
In this episode, the podcast guests included:
- Sofia Colltorp (Sweden), Ambassador for Gender Equality and Coordinator of the Feminist Foreign Policy
- Drude Dahlerup (Denmark), Professor of Political Science
- María Erla Marelsdóttir (Iceland), Ambassador to Germany
- Johanna Sumuvuori (Finland), State Secretary to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland
- Torunn Tryggestad (Norway), Deputy Director of the Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO) and Director of the PRIO Centre on Gender, Peace and Security
The podcast is produced by Beatrice Faßbender und Ulrich Rüdenauer on behalf of the Nordic embassies in Berlin (with support from the Nordic Council of Ministers).